Exact application timing will depend on your location and climate, but in general:
• Optimal timing is late July or early August when beetle eggs are hatching and grubs start feeding (preventative treatment). However, BTG can also be applied through the fall as a curative treatment as well, a major advantage over even synthetic grub products as grubGONE! has both curative and preventative properties.
Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae (Btg) is the first bio-insecticide to control turf grubs at a level of efficacy equivalent to chemical standards but without the side effects or off-target damage to beneficial insects, such as pollinators. With Btg, entire landscapes can be economically, effectively and safely protected from destructive beetle pests such as Japanese, Asiatic, June and Oriental Beetles, and European, Cupreous, Southern and Northern Masked Chafers. Unlike other biological or chemical grub-control products that are only effective against smaller 1st-instar pests, Btg is an effective control of the larger, later 2nd- and 3rd-instar beetles, and can therefore be used as a curative treatment for grub control as well as a preventative treatment.
Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae (Btg) is safe for people, pets, children, and off-target beneficial insects such as pollinators, birds and aquatics without any side effects or damage.
No need water permits and watering every day for 2 weeks.
Sprinkler irrigation of about 1.25 cm or moderate rainfall shortly after application
improves performance for all applications by moving Btg into the root zone where the grubs feed.
Btg is newly registered, biological grub control product that is approved for use by the Pest Management Regulatory Agency and City as well.
• Novel & natural Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae (Btg) strain.
• Much broader range of control: Japanese, Oriental, June and Asiatic beetles; Chafers, Weevils & Emerald Ash Borers.
• Works on 1st to 3rd instar stages!
• Novel beetle activity on adults & grubs.
• Novel Btg turf granule & foliar formula for multiple markets.
• Is effective in cooler temperatures than other biologicals.
• Novel production platform technology.
Professional Lawn Care, Garden Maintenance, Landscaping Service in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Tri-City, Burnaby, Surrey
Copyright © 2015-2019 GREEN JAY LANDSCAPING - All Rights Reserved
Certified Landscape Maintenance and Installation